WordPress is an open source CMS used by over 60 million people. That is because it is one of the easiest ways to setup a website. But, did you know that you can also use it to set up a cryptocurrency payment gateway for your business?
If you have an online shop or are thinking of starting one then you should consider using crypto coins and tokens as a method of payment.
Read on to find out how to setup crypto coin payments in WordPress seamlessly.
Checklist Before Getting Started
There are a few things to ensure before you install your crypto gateway.
- Download WooCommerce for WordPress
- Create a BitPay Merchant Account
- Create a Production Token in Your BitPay Merchant account
If you are completely new to owning and operating your own e-commerce site then you will need to download WordPress first. It is quite easy to do so as many web-hosting services provide one-click installation. So, you can install while choosing a hosting provider.
Now that you are ready to go, let’s setup BitPay Checkout for Woocommerce in WordPress, and you will start accepting crypto payments in no time with a few simple steps.
1. Go to the plugins tab on your WordPress dashboard.
2. Type “BitPay” in the plugin search option and install the first plugin you see as marked with arrow in the image below named “BitPay Checkout for WooCommerce.”
3. Once you have installed and activated the plugin, go to the WooCommerce settings. Under payment options, you will see the BitPay option now visible.
4. In the WooCommerce payment section, you will have to enable the BitPay checkout option. You can then you click on setup to start configuring your online store.
5. You can configure the setting as per your need. Don’t forget to copy the production token from your BitPay Merchant Account and paste in the required field to sync your shop with your account.
6. Change the endpoint to live and edit your checkout page to start accepting cryptocurrency payments in your online store.
Using Crypto Coin Payments
Now that you know how to set up crypto coin payments on your website, it’s time to start accepting them. Be sure to use BitPay’s checkout and invoice guides as well as their button designers. These features will help your customers know that you accept cryptocurrency.
Visit our article: Top Cryptocurrency Payment Gateways for more information about BitPay’s features and other alternative gateway options.